Health and Safety Guidance
Masks are optional for students, faculty, staff and guests on UF property and in UF facilities. Those not vaccinated or fully vaccinated for COVID-19 are recommended to continue wearing masks.
For More Information
UF has compiled resources for workplace best practices, policy information and guidance for departments and leaders. Information for faculty and staff is also available through the UF Health Screen, Test & Protect website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are individuals placed in quarantine required to use sick leave?
Individuals who have been placed in quarantine but are feeling well may work remotely if they are able to complete their duties and their supervisor approves their working remotely. Those unable to work remotely or who are not feeling well may use emergency medical leave or sick leave. For more information, please visit the Guidance on Taking Leave section of the UFHR website.
- If my question isn't answered here, whom can I contact?
Please email email@example.com for additional questions not answered here.
- How can I learn more about what to expect for the Fall semester?
UF will continue to communicate proactively about the expectations for students, faculty and staff in the fall semester. Additionally, please visit this site regularly for the latest information.
- What workplace flexibility will be available for employees?
There will continue to be options for a flexible work schedule, as there have been in the past. But the majority of UF’s employees stationed at the main campus and statewide should plan to work at their normal work locations beginning Summer B if they have not already done so.
More information on working remotely may be found on the UFHR website.
- My question is not addressed here. Where can I learn more?
UF Human Resources has assembled a comprehensive webpage of resources to support faculty and staff during this time.
- What accommodations will be made for employees who have an underlying health concern for the summer and fall semesters?
The Office of Accessibility and Gender Equity in tandem with Human Resources and UF Health have developed a process to evaluate appropriate accommodations for faculty with disabilities. For more information, please visit Office of Accessibility and Gender Equity’s website.
- What health and safety precautions will remain in place for the Fall semester to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Masks are expected for students, faculty, staff and guests in UF facilities. Extra masks and hand sanitizer will also be availble in classrooms.
To learn how and where to receive the vaccine, visit: https://coronavirus.ufhealth.org/vaccinations/vaccine-availability/
- What resources are available for students, faculty or staff who are experiencing stress during this time?
- Will UF resume full, normal operations for the Fall semester?
In-person classes will be at pre-pandemic capacities, employees will travel more on university business, students will resume study abroad experiences, laboratories and libraries will operate at full throttle, purchasing of supplies will increase, performances and other cultural experiences will resume, etc. In short, we will resume UF’s rich academic, cultural, and athletic lifestyles.