Traditions and Student Organizations
Campus traditions and student organizations, clubs and activities will be largely held in person.
For more on the student experience, as well as related resources, visit: UF's Division of Student Affairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will campus events such as football games, sorority, and fraternity rush resume without physical distancing for the Fall semester?
Campus events no longer require physical distancing regulations. Updates on athletics are available on the university athletics page.
- What should I do if I am a student and do not feel well?
Any individuals who believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact the Student Health Care Center at (352) 392-1161 to discuss symptoms with a nurse or medical provider before your visit to ensure proper protective measures are taken to prevent further risk of spread to others.
- Will I be able to participate in student organizations and other co-curricular activities and events?
Yes, students will have ample opportunity to participate in co-curricular activities. The range of opportunities are broad and deep, including student activities and organizations, career success services, health and wellness, and inclusion and multicultural development. Students can engage in a variety of in-person events, along with continued virtual programming so all students can participate. Follow UF Student Life on Instagram and Twitter @UFStudentLife and visit the Virtual Student Union at https://ufsa.ufl.edu/virtual-union/
- If my question isn't answered here, whom can I contact?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions not answered here.
- How can I learn more about what to expect for the Fall semester?
UF will continue to communicate proactively about the expectations for students, faculty and staff in the fall semester. Additionally, please visit this site regularly for the latest information.
- What health and safety precautions will remain in place for the Fall semester to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Masks are expected for students, faculty, staff and guests in UF facilities. Extra masks and hand sanitizer will also be availble in classrooms.
To learn how and where to receive the vaccine, visit: https://coronavirus.ufhealth.org/vaccinations/vaccine-availability/
- What resources are available for students, faculty or staff who are experiencing stress during this time?
- Will UF resume full, normal operations for the Fall semester?
In-person classes will be at pre-pandemic capacities, employees will travel more on university business, students will resume study abroad experiences, laboratories and libraries will operate at full throttle, purchasing of supplies will increase, performances and other cultural experiences will resume, etc. In short, we will resume UF’s rich academic, cultural, and athletic lifestyles.
- Will increased sanitation services continue?
Increased sanitation and disinfecting services in UF facilities will continue through Building Services. These enhanced measures are integrated and incorporated into our standard operating procedures.
- Will study abroad resume during the Fall semester?
From UF’s point of view, study abroad will resume but will likely continue to be affected by any pandemic-related restrictions in foreign countries related to travel and quarantine. Please contact the UFIC Study Abroad office for more information.
- What are my behavioral expectations in response to COVID-19?
Students must adhere to published University policies and regulations. Students and residents must remain informed concerning University policies, regulations, and guidelines; as well as laws, orders and community health needs which may change in response to COVID-19.
For additional information concerning the university’s policy relating to behavioral expectations in response to COVID-19, visit the university’s policy hub page.