Student Parking & Transportation

Providing predictable parking guides the issuance of multiple parking decal types. This provides all who need to park on campus with a more precise target area for parking and a higher degree of predictability to find an available space.

Garage 14 opened in February 2020, adding 634 spaces to the campus parking supply for graduate and professional student commuters. In the surface lot on Gale Lemerand Drive south of Garage 14, 227 additional spaces have been allocated for student residents starting this fall. In addition, UF Transportation and Parking Services has increased the inventory of scooter parking spaces by creating Scooter Mega Zones at key locations at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center Garage, the Norman Garage near Sorority Row, Fraternity Row, and in the surface parking lot on Gale Lemerand Drive north of Garage 5. In mid-September, after campus parking demand is known, TAPS will evaluate underutilized parking capacities across campus to determine whether any adjustments may be needed.

UF is taking steps to ensure the health and safety of passengers on our public transit vehicles:

General Precautions
  • All drivers and maintenance workers are required to wear masks or cloth face coverings at all times while on board UF public transit vehicles.
  • Passengers are required to wear masks or cloth face coverings when riding with one of our services.
  • Frequently contacted surfaces such as door handles, handrails, armrests, seat belt buckles and armrests are cleaned and sanitized every half hour (for our Campus Connector shuttles) and after every passenger trip (for our Campus Cab and Gator Lift vehicles) using EPA-approved products for removing coronavirus.
  • All vehicle interiors are cleaned and sanitized entirely at the end of each workday using EPA-approved products for removing coronavirus.
  • Plexiglas barriers have been installed between the driver and passenger compartments in all transit vehicles.
  • Drivers have access to gloves, hand sanitizer and cleaning products at all times.

 

Campus Connector Shuttles
  • Passenger capacity has been reduced to 33% (7 of 20 seats available) per shuttle bus to maintain physical distancing among riders; the remaining 67% of seats are identified as unavailable by signage.
  • Drivers are required to use a mask or cloth face covering and gloves when assisting wheelchair users with embarking and disembarking the vehicle.

 

Gator Lift
  • Drivers are required to use mask and gloves when assisting wheelchair users with embarking and disembarking the vehicle.
  • Passenger trips with potentially compatible routes will no longer be combined for shared rides.

 

RTS
  • Passenger capacity has been reduced from 60 to 20 per bus. Passengers are asked to physically distance while riding.
  • Passengers are required to enter the bus by the rear entrance only.
  • All drivers are required to wear masks or cloth face coverings.
  • Passengers are required to wear masks or cloth face coverings by county ordinance. Additional complimentary masks or cloth face coverings are available by request.
  • Buses are cleaned after every other trip using AeroClaves (effective tool for cleaning and disinfecting), and additional cleaning measures have been enacted at bus stations, administration buildings and bus shelters.
  • Temporary barriers have been installed between drivers and passengers.
  • Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed on buses.

 

In mid-September, after ridership demand is known, service adjustments will be made as needed.

Transportation and Parking Services is adding additional routes for the Campus Connector, to be announced before the start of the fall semester. This is a free walk-on public campus circulator shuttle service.

The Student Nighttime SafeRide Program will continue in the fall, delivering rides on demand for UF students. Service within the areas surrounding campus will be delivered by a nationally known e-hailing provider at a reduced cost upon request via a mobile app. Nightly service on campus will be provided by the Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol (SNAP) at no cost. All services will follow physical distancing, cleaning and maintenance protocols for the safety of the university community.


Frequently Asked Questions

If my question isn't answered here, whom can I contact?

Please email reopen@ufl.edu for additional questions not answered here.