Guidelines for Being on Campus
When returning to campus, all students, faculty, staff and visitors are asked to adhere to the following practices.
Whenever possible, maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from others while on the University of Florida properties and in common spaces until further notice.
Every university visitor must:
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering in UF and UF Health facilities as required by the University’s Masking and Physical Distancing policy.
- Wear a face covering in UF outdoor spaces when the space does not allow for appropriate physical distancing as required by the University’s Masking and Physical Distancing policy.
- Unapproved face coverings include masks with exhalation valves or vents, which allow air to be expelled and do not prevent the person from transmitting COVID-19 to others. Examples of face coverings that help our campus community stay safer are available at UF Health.
- All visitors, faculty, staff, students, patients, volunteers and vendors are required to wear a face covering when outside on all UF and UF Health property unless a distance of 6 feet or more is maintained at all times.
Reusable, disposable, N95 and KN95 masks are available for purchase at the UF Bookstore. Disposable and reusable masks are available for purchase at all Gator Dining locations. Additionally, masks are available for purchase from 50 vending machines across campus.
Learn more about behavioral expectations, including guidelines for gatherings, on the UF Policy Hub page.
Wash Hands Frequently
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Hand sanitizer and sanitizer wipes are available for purchase at the UF Bookstore and in 50 vending machines across campus.
Stay Home When Sick
If you are sick, please stay home. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Behavioral expectations are reinforced through the University of Florida’s three-tiered approach: Education, Engagement and Enforcement.
- Education takes place at all levels of the University and may include informing others of regulations, policies and guidance.
- Engagement reinforces education and provides direction to correct behavior, clarify enforcement mechanisms and end behavior that poses an immediate threat to the health, safety and welfare of community members.
- Enforcement of behavioral expectations to abide by University regulations and policy, state and local law and the instructions of officials can be carried out by any designee of the Vice President of Student Affairs or other appropriate University Official. Enforcement of behavior found to be a violation of the Student Conduct Code may result in sanctions such as loss of privileges associated with being a University of Florida student or student organization, including suspension and expulsion.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are masks and other personal protective equipment available on campus?
Masks, hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available in the UF bookstore, Gator Dining, and in 50 vending machines across campus. For employees, the university will provide UF-branded cloth masks and has a large amount of hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray that will continue to be distributed as needed to each college and unit. Additional N95 masks will also be provided to those who may need them for use in face-to-face settings.
If you have questions or are in need of supplies, you are encouraged to work with your area's HR liaison to make a request. Because central supplies are limited, specific quantities have been allocated for each area.