UF HEALTH SCREEN, TEST & PROTECT
UF Health is guiding the university's decision-making regarding our COVID-19 response. At the heart of these efforts is the Screen, Test & Protect initiative, which uses public health guidance and best practices aimed at fostering a culture of care for our community while taking steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 as the University of Florida gradually returns faculty, staff and students to the campus environment.
- For information about COVID-19 prevention on campus and much more, visit UF Health.
- For the latest federal updates as well as information about how to prevent COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- For the latest Florida-specific information, including a list of positive cases by county, visit the Florida Department of Health.
- Travelers should stay informed on CDC updates and travel notifications.
- Visit the EPA website for a list of recommended cleaning items.
- Virtual resources are available from the Smathers Libraries, including Ask-A-Librarian, Course Reserves, electronic resources, digital collections, and select parts of Inter Library Loan.
- For information about research, please visit the Office of Research COVID-19 website.
- Our UF IT has created a page with resources to help you make the transition to online learning.
- Any UF student can access the national eduroam system for free WiFi where available. There are 97 sites in Florida alone, including many campuses of the State University System (see a map of all U.S. sites).
- You can find a list of apps available via remote access on the UF Apps web site.
- Reach out to your advisor(s) with questions or for help.
TEACHING & WORKING
- View the Human Resources site for a breakdown of essential and non-essential employee designations.
- Faculty and staff may request Emergency Paid Sick Leave and may also request FMLA leave under the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act.
- Employees are reminded that any international travel must be pre-approved by a Dean (or SVP or VP) and must be registered on the International Center International Travel Registration website.
- Information on working remotely may be found on the UFHR website.
- Honorlock will be made available to all faculty to administer online exams. Please consult information concerning online proctoring resources available here.
- The Disability Resource Center is available to support instructors and facilitate accommodations in an online setting.
- UF IT has created a Keep Teaching web site to help guide faculty in the transition from residential to face-to-face teaching.
- The UF Student Health Care Center, UF Counseling and Wellness Center and Gator Dining Services remain open.
- If you have a financial hardship, UF’s Hitchcock Field & Fork Pantry is available for you.
- UF’s Aid-a-Gator financial assistance program is available for students and employees.
- All UF employees may contact the Employee Assistance Program toll-free 24/7 at (833) 306-0103 if they are in need of support or resources.