UF HEALTH SCREEN, TEST & PROTECT
UF Health is guiding the university's decision-making regarding our COVID-19 response. At the heart of these efforts is the Screen, Test & Protect initiative, which uses public health guidance and best practices aimed at fostering a culture of care for our community while taking steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 as the University of Florida gradually returns faculty, staff and students to the campus environment.
Students can now be screened and tested for COVID-19 once per week through Screen, Test & Protect. For students who test positive or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive, Student Affairs and the Dean of Students Office have provided many needed resources. Students will get emails about resources shortly after their status changes to “not cleared”:
- Testing opportunities for all students — Available through ONE.UF
- Student isolation and self-quarantine — For students who test positive or are a close contact
FACULTY AND STAFF
Faculty and staff can now also be screened and tested for COVID-19 once per week through Screen, Test & Protect. Refer to UFHR guidance on how and when sick and COVID-19 positive employees and close contacts of COVID-19 persons should and can return to work:
- Testing opportunities for all faculty and staff — Available through ONE.UF
- Decision tree from UF HR — Guidance on specific COVID-19 responses for
- Employee requirements — Institutional recovery plan and employee guidance
- For information about COVID-19 prevention on campus and much more, visit UF Health.
- For the latest federal updates as well as information about how to prevent COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- For the latest Florida-specific information, including a list of positive cases by county, visit the Florida Department of Health.
- Travelers should stay informed on CDC updates and travel notifications.
- Virtual resources are available from the Smathers Libraries, including Ask-A-Librarian, Course Reserves, electronic resources, digital collections, and select parts of Inter Library Loan.
- For information about research, please visit the Office of Research COVID-19 website.
- Administrators, faculty, staff and students working in student support areas throughout UF have created a one-stop hub, the Student Success website, with resources to empower student learning throughout COVID.
- Our UF IT has created a page with resources to help you make the transition to online learning.
- Any UF student can access the national eduroam system for free WiFi where available. There are 97 sites in Florida alone, including many campuses of the State University System (see a map of all U.S. sites).
- You can find a list of apps available via remote access on the UF Apps web site.
- Reach out to your advisor(s) with questions or for help.
TEACHING & WORKING
- If you are teaching inside a classroom, the Office of the Provost has provided guidelines on how to interact and prepare: Guidelines for faculty in the classroom
- View the Human Resources site for a breakdown of essential and non-essential employee designations.
- Faculty and staff may request Emergency Paid Sick Leave and may also request FMLA leave under the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act.
- Employees are reminded that any international travel must be pre-approved by a Dean (or SVP or VP) and must be registered on the International Center International Travel Registration website.
- Information on working remotely may be found on the UFHR website.
- Honorlock will be made available to all faculty to administer online exams. Please consult information concerning online proctoring resources available here.
- The Disability Resource Center is available to support instructors and facilitate accommodations in an online setting.
- UF IT has created a Keep Teaching web site to help guide faculty in the transition from residential to face-to-face teaching.
ENFORCEMENT & REPORTING
- Policy.ufl.edu - Website for latest COVID-related policies
- GatorSafe App — Allows for reporting of COVID-related concerns
- Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
- The UF Student Health Care Center, UF Counseling and Wellness Center and Gator Dining Services remain open.
- If you have a financial hardship, UF’s Hitchcock Field & Fork Pantry is available for you.
- UF’s Aid-a-Gator financial assistance program is available for students and employees.
- All UF employees may contact the Employee Assistance Program toll-free 24/7 at (833) 306-0103 if they are in need of support or resources.