March 16: UPDATED POLICIES FOR TRAVEL, CAMPUS VISITS, EVENTS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
Dear Faculty and Staff,
In line with Governor DeSantis’ guidance and the directives issued by the state’s Department of Management Services, the university will be implementing the following policies effective immediately.
Business and Personal Travel:
- UF is prohibiting all non-essential university travel until further notice. Additionally, previous approvals for travel are now rescinded, provided that travel has not yet commenced. Essential travel may be approved by your senior vice president or vice president.
- Faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) best practices for prevention of COVID-19. Personal travel should be minimized. UF employees who do embark on personal travel involving a cruise or international destinations will be required to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days before being allowed to return to work.
University-related Business Activities:
- No visitors are to be hosted on campus unless approved by a senior vice president or vice president.
- Everyone is encouraged to practice social distancing, avoid large gatherings and conduct university business via videoconferencing and virtual meetings.
- UF is canceling, postponing or, where feasible, moving all events to alternate virtual modes of participation through at least March 30, 2020. Scheduling new future events and conferences will also be postponed for this duration.
More information regarding these decisions as well as other questions related to COVID-19 are available by accessing these updated FAQs.
I am grateful for your effort and commitment. I know we all face considerable uncertainty and anxiety about the next several months. Thank you in advance for your understanding and flexibility.
With admiration and gratitude,
UF President Kent Fuchs